Thursday, February 28, 2008

Welcome Back, ALEXANDRE!!!

Well, I said on Sunday that I had a pretty good idea of who Coach Woods was talking about when he said some of the veterans need to fall in line. I said at the time that I wouldn’t give my opinion because I was not at the game Saturday night that was being referenced at the time. I think my suspicions were confirmed on Tuesday though. Joe Motzko, who in my opinion has had trouble passing and playing as part of a team for most the season, was traded on NHL deadline day.
The best part of this story is who he was traded for. ALEXANDRE GIROUX! He is back and is a member of the Hershey Bears yet again. Last season he led the team in goals with 42 and was obviously an integral part of the team. Due to his veteran status he has been unable to crack the lineup in some games this season and hasn’t been thrilled with it. He has 19 goals and 22 assists with the Chicago Wolves this year.
During the Christmas break he put out some feelers about getting back to Hershey and chasing another cup. He managed to do that. He is expected in Manitoba tonight for the Bears/Moose game but his equipment was on a plane to San Antonio so not sure if he will be in the lineup or not. He is expected to play.
Glad to have him back. I think it is a critical and genius move by the GMs involved.


Other News and Notes:

Chris Bourque played last night in the Caps 4-1 win over Minnesota. He played right wing on a line with David Steckel and Quintin Laing.


There were two Hershey lines in last night’s game, the one mentioned above and a line with Tomas Fleishmann, Brooks Laich, and Eric Fehr. The Laich line accounted for all 4 goals. 2 for Laich, 1 for Fehr (his 1st of the season), and 1 for Shaone Morrison

No comments: