Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Coaches have been hired

News is rolling in fast here this week.  Just a few minutes after I wrote up the posts you saw about an hour ago, I saw that item #2 on the Bears offseason to-do list was crossed off.

Coaches Mark French and Troy Mann will be returning behind the bench in Hershey for 2012-13. 

I honestly thought the organization would try to better align their coaching strategies this offseason.  Apparently that wasn't their biggest concern.  And considering how well recent Bear 'graduates' have played in the NHL, maybe it shouldn't be.

Personally I am not thrilled with this move, but I am not really upset either.  It doesn't shock me, that's for sure. 

Considering that the past two springs have seen a bunch of injuries and call-ups, I am guessing that the organization wanted to give French and Mann a chance to see what they can do with a full roster at the key time.  It has been hard to put a consistent, balanced roster together the last two springs. 

And in all honesty, considering what happens in most sports, it is nice to see an organization remain patient with a set of coaches and not dismiss them at the first sign of trouble.

No comments: