The outdoor game.
It appears that I may have misunderstood or misinterpreted what was said by the AHL rep.
I thought he said "in Hershey" when, based on additional information, he might have said "involving Hershey".
PennLive.com's article today mentions a possible game between Hershey and Adirondack at Citizens Bank park on January 6. Citizens Bank park will host the Winter Classic on January 2 and rumors have flown that the Bears vs Phantoms game could be outdoors on the 6th.
Either way there is a chance that Hershey could be playing outdoors sometime this year. And it isn't that far a trip to Philly!
Other thoughts on the schedule:
- I love the end of it. Over the last month of the season Hershey has 9 home games and only 6 road games. And those road games are day trips to Albany, Bingo, and Wilkes-Barre and then a New England trip to close the season.
- Hershey has 2 tough road trips (scheduling wise)...Dec 2-4 - Hershey goes to Syracuse Friday, Hershey Saturday, and then to Bridgeport for a 3:00 start on Sunday; Feb 17-23 - Trips to Providence, Manchester, and Bridgeport on Fri, Sat, Sun before heading to Rochester and Lake Erie (Cleveland) the following Wed and Thur.
- 13 three in three's (three games in 3 nights...Fri, Sat, Sun)
- 5 Wednesday home games...up from, I believe, 2 last year
- 2 Friday home games
- From December 10 - January 8 Hershey plays 12 games...9 at home and 3 on the road (Norfolk, WB/S, Adirondack). Nice to be home for the holidays!
- Hershey's longest consecutive home stand is only 3 games...they do that 3 times. But on multiple occasions they have 4 or 5 home games separated by one game road trips.
It seems like a good schedule.
Now that the schedule is out it feels like hockey season is right around the corner. And I guess it is.
LET'S GO BEARS!!!