Monday, December 8, 2008

TSN Prospect report

I found this article thanks to the Capitals Insider blog from Tarik and company. It talks about the Capitals prospects and gives their opinions on the top 12 prospects in the system.

Read the article here.


Surprisingly (to me at least) are two different things in the article. One thing is that Francois Bouchard is actually ranked ahead of Oskar Osala which surprises me a little considering the year Oskar is having. But Bouchard is playing very well too and apparently TSN feels he is a better prospect that the big O.


The other thing that surprised me was that Mathieu Perrault is not even listed in their top 12. I guess it is his size (5'9" 166lbs) that is scaring people off because it can't be his play. I would think that with players like Martin St. Louis (5'9" 180lbs) and Patrick Kane (5'9" 160lbs) having great success in the NHL that they would overlook his physical stats. I personally think he might be the most talented offensive player on Hershey's roster right now (Aucoin is up with the Caps). He isn't a pure goal scorer but isn't really supposed to be as a center. But he can pass and set up plays to anyone at anytime and he never stops hustling. His stats in juniors are better than Bouchards (which are referenced in the article).

Perrault (3 years in the Q) ---- 235 gp --- 112 g --- 230 a ---- 342 points
Bouchard (4 years in the Q) --- 285 gp --- 135 g --- 231 a ---- 366 points

Bouchard has more goals and points but he also has 50 more games than Perrault. And if you look at their stats Perrualt's teams all had long runs in the playoffs. Now I don't know these teams that well but I would think that that would show that he is a winner wherever he goes.

But anyways....check out the article and tell me what you think.

Most stats that I use on this site are from HockeyDB.com. It is a very useful site with every player you can think of.

No comments: