Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A 3 Point Weekend

I didn't see Friday night's game at all but according to what I read it sounded like the offense played very good but couldn't beat Curry.

I didn't see Saturday's game until Sunday morning and still only saw part of it.

So I didn't write reviews (or previews for that matter, sorry if you were looking for it) and won't be giving my opinion too much.

I will say this though....

It was very nice to see some secondary scoring on Saturday night. Andrew Gordon and Jay Beagle scored 3 goals between them after not scoring much recently. I know Beag's was out and isn't a 30 goal scorer anyways but he usually helps with a goal every few games.

Gordon though started off the season very well with 9 goals in his first 19 games. Then he went on a serious slide. In his next 29 games he only scored 3 times. That isn't and won't be enough if the Bears are going to make a run at the Cup. Hopefully his 2 goals Saturday night jump start the second half of the season for him.

Other than that I am not going to say anything about the games. I didn't see them and I hate critiquing games that I wasn't a witness to.

Later today or tomorrow I will be starting a new feature here. I am going to do a monthly recap that looks back at the games from the month just ended. So check back later today or tomorrow for that write up.

No comments: