Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals will be Wednesday night with game 2 scheduled for Saturday.
The question is...why wait so long for the games to start?
Hershey hasn't played since Thursday the 29th and there is sure to be some rust come Wednesday night. I mean in theory there would still be rust on Sunday or Monday but at least the opposition would be tired.
If Manchester were to win tonight the series COULD start Sunday night with game 2 Tuesday/Wednesday. Instead Hershey wants to make as much money as possible and is giving the opposition a chance to rest for a few days.
Now there are other factors that would have played into this decision....
- Starting the series this way means that game 5 (if necessary) will probably be around the 21st which is another weekend game for Hershey.
- The Western Conference finals won't be starting until about the same time so by delaying this round it keeps the Calder Cup Finals on a better schedule.
Either way the dates are finally set. We will actually see hockey again in Hershey this season and I for one am seriously hyped.
If you are scoreboard watching....
- Worcester @ Manchester - 7:30 tonight
- Chicago @ Texas - 8:30 tonight (series tied 2-2)
- Manchester @ Worcester - 7:05 tomorrow (if Worcester wins tonight)
- Hamilton @ Abbotsford - 10:00 tomorrow (series tied 2-2)