Here is the schedule:
- Manchester at Hershey - 5/12
- Manchester at Hershey - 5/15
- Hershey at Manchester - 5/17
- Hershey at Manchester - 5/18
- Hershey at Manchester - 5/20 (if necessary)
- Manchester at Hershey - 5/22 (if necessary)
- Manchester at Hershey - 5/23 (if necessary)
It is a 2-3-2 format which generally favors the lower seeded team in my opinion but in order to keep travel costs down this is the more favorable style in the AHL.
The trip from Hershey to Manchester is about 7.5 hours. So taking a bus trip up there on Sunday and staying until Friday isn't too bad. If they had to go back up again it would be a lot. And while flying is an option it is cheaper to take a bus.
But still I am not thrilled with the set up. This really favors Manchester at this point. Hershey is going to be coming into Game 1 having not played in 2 weeks and then after 2 home games they have to travel to New Hampshire for 3 straight.
No matter how you look at it though you still have to win the games on the ice. Whether they are here in Hershey or up in New England the Bears need to win 4 of the next 7 games to advance to the Calder Cup Finals.
LET'S GO BEARS!!!!