Sunday, November 9, 2008

Swiss Cheese???

6 shots in last night and the Penguins had 3 goals.

It was that kind of night for Daren Machesney. He was pulled after the 3rd goal for Simeon Varlamov who ended up the goalie of record after he allowed 1 goal as the Baby Pens won 4-3.

Machesney came back in the 3rd period so that Varlamov could play tonight in Bridgeport. He made save on all 7 shots he faced in the 3rd.

I said it yesterday and it didn't happen. Cheese had to play good or he was going to be replaced as the #1 goalie in Hershey.

I personally believe Varlamov is now the number 1. And in my opinion Michal Neuvirth should be called up from South Carolina so we can see what he can do. There is no reason to loan a goalie out when we need one right now.


I didn't get to watch the game last night so I have no opinion on the stats or performance. And maybe I am wrong about Cheese but it didn't sound like he played a very good game.

GO BEARS, BEAT THE SOUND TIGERS!!

No comments: